Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Iam new to the site but I have a 2006 VTX 1300c with a Cobra short backrest, Cobra Slip on pipes and Mustang seat. my question is this, I got the saddlebags for Christmas and have not bought the stiffener mounting brackets yet, I'am wondering which brackets to use that will work with the Cobra backrest, without any grinding or butchering of anything. All suggestions will be appreciated, has anyone ran into this yet? Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
I would suggest using the Cobra saddlebag brackets with your Cobra accessories. I mixed Cobra brackets with Honda sissy bar and Honda luggage rack. It was a nightmare to get the right length bolts. Finally my Honda dealer agreed to mount it all for me at no charge. (Shout out to Team Powersports in Garner, NC). But considering that I spend mucho dinero there, it was the right thing for them to do.

Don't know about the easy brackets, I can only speak from my own experience.

I almost forgot to welcome you to the site!

jp

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey guys, Iam new to the site but I have a 2006 VTX 1300c with a Cobra short backrest, Cobra Slip on pipes and Mustang seat. my question is this, I got the saddlebags for Christmas and have not bought the stiffener mounting brackets yet, I'am wondering which brackets to use that will work with the Cobra backrest, without any grinding or butchering of anything. All suggestions will be appreciated, has anyone ran into this yet? Thanks
I have got a set of cobra supports that I'm taking off. I'm replacing them with ghost brackets. They are in very good shape. I've had them on for about 6 months. If your interested let me know. I'll take $50.00 for them shipped.
Cobra Saddlebag Supports - Honda VTX1300R/S (2007)
Unsecured saddlebags can end up in the rear wheel if you don't take precautions. Consider Cobra's Bag Supports chrome-steel protec ...

Part Number: BLV2-6161
MSRP: $84.95 Price: $72.21

1 - 4 of 4 Posts