Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wanting to know what yall use to clean the windshield. ive seen some people use a foamy type stuff that seems to work very well,i use a hot damp towel and let it stay on for 10 min. or so but the foam ive seen used just seem to work very well.

·
Senior Moments
8,400 Posts
Warm water and a soft cloth! That is all you need. Heard the Memphis Shades Rep say, "If the product has an "X" in it, don't use it". He said that will ruin the windshield.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've used HondaShine on all my windshields for years..and on chrome, paint, plastic...works great.

Ride Safe, Larry

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
larrys4227 said:
I've used HondaShine on all my windshields for years..and on chrome, paint, plastic...works great.

Ride Safe, Larry
Ditto, great stuff.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I use Pledge on mine. Looks as new as the day I bought it.

G

·
0 Posts
I used a scotch brite pad on mine. Got every last bug off my shield. Drawback is I can't see through it now. I scratched the living s--t out of it. Oh well. Some lessons you learn the hard way.

·
Registered
983 Posts
ditto on the aerosol Lemon Pledge. I learned that trick at last years Co. Ride In from someone who went cross country. Works on Memphis Shades, has a mild solvent to disolve the crusty ones, is cheap :D and you can find it in a small size that doesn't take up much space.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Cody450 said:
larrys4227 said:

Ride Safe, Larry
Ditto, great stuff.
Double Ditto!

Ride Safe, Take Care, Dan
:coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1: :coffee1:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can't take credit for this, so I'm giving it to James C on this very same board.

He told me to take a wet towel and just lay it over the windshield and let it soak. It works amazingly well. Even gets the little dried-up critters in the crevices of the mount. Let it sit for a few min's, slide it off, dry with a soft cloth-Viola! No chemicals, no scratches. One of the best working tips I've ever heard.

Thanks, JamesC!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Plexus is the best thing Ive found. It will not ruin your shield.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: plexus

lottinala said:
where do you find plexus the only way i found it was by the case.
My bike shop carries it but if yours doesn't check out plexiglass shops in the yeller pages - they usually have it. It's the same stuff all the helicopter maintenance crews use on the windscreens - that's a good enough reason for me to trust it :wink:

Rob

·
Registered
152 Posts
I been useing gel-gloss. It works good.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
I used a microfiber towel that I have wetted, then wrung out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts