Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just replaced my old VTX with a 2007 1800N. I need a windscreen and wonder if anyone has an idea what would go great with the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
942 Posts

Batwing

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
157 Posts
after 15 years of riding my "F" without any windshield

2 months ago I added a MS batwing with a 12" windshield.... works well for me.
see my signature below for photo of bike with batwing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
after 15 years of riding my "F" without any windshield

2 months ago I added a MS batwing with a 12" windshield.... works well for me.
see my signature below for photo of bike with batwing.
I think they all look good with the batwings, but I just sold the batwing off my 1800. I had a hoppe industries and just wanted to go with something different.

·
Registered
942 Posts
I had a hoppe industries batwing and I just didn’t like it on the bike. I sold mine.
I’m not familiar with that brand, but I’ve had windshields and they don’t compare to the look or protection of a Memphis Shades batwing.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have never liked the plain all clear windshield.... reminds me of the 1960's

I would have purchased a full frame mounted fairing.. but none are bolt on.

1975 Goldwing with Vetter fairing and bags
to
1983 Goldwing Aspencade. full dress wing ( totaled )
to
1986 Goldwing Aspencade SEi.. full dress wing.

plus Honda sport bikes beside them. 750 Interceptor , 1000 Hurricane

·
Registered
157 Posts
I also like the quick disconnect mounts... on days I want to ride without a fairing/windshield..

like 5 seconds.
unlock 2 levers and off it comes
same to reinstall.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I had the Vetter fairing on my GS1000G when I rode cross country back in the day. [Yeah, the tape deck came in handy riding across the panhandle with no FM radio.]

But I've only put graded Memphis Shades Fats on my Xs (3).

That said, I just put a Honda 'shield on this rebuilt. It's a different look, but the price was right.

FWIW

·
Registered
224 Posts
Rode mine with a Memphis Shades wind screen for a while. It worked in the sense that it kept the initial blast of wind out of my face and off my chest and I didn't feel so "beat up" after a long day, but I still got a lot of buffeting and plenty of wind on my hands and shoulders. If being able to ride with just plain old sunglasses and keeping the bugs out of your teeth is what you're after, they're great....but Its hard to beat the full protection of a Batwing. I've in the process of painting my Kuryakyn Airmaster Deluxe up now. Looking forward to finally getting it on.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
We had a National Cycle 2-up windshield and the side lower wind deflectors an an 1800N and no buffeting. Quick release, very durable anti-scratch coating.

P.S. Yes that's a "C" exhaust system. With a small amount of fabrication it fits.

@rilcoat congratulations on the new bike !

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi guys. Just replaced my old VTX with a 2007 1800N. I need a windscreen and wonder if anyone has an idea what would go great with the lines of the bike.
View attachment 175119
Hi Rilcoat, I have the OEM Honda windshield off my 2008 VTX-1800-T. Used it for about 50 miles and took it off. Sold the bike a few years ago but still have the windshield. It's showroom condition, bolts right up to your machine and has that classic look. $100.00 plus freight to you. I have pics on another device I can send you if interested. You can PM or call me at 609-304-1515
Thanks Much, Stevorino

1 - 14 of 14 Posts