Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just getting in a new switchblade windshield for my 03 1800 VTX Retro this weekend. Does anyone have any hints or words of advice about installing one? I dont want to mess up my new X.
Jerry the TraumaTroll 8)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hey trauma,
Just make sure before you tighten the mounting brackets turn the bars to make sure you don't dent your tank. If in the wrong position, the round buttons WILL DENT your tank. Just keep them loose and slowly turn the bars than make your corrections( about 3 /16ths to a 1/4in. gap between the tank and the buttons is about right. Good luck and enjoy the switchblades, I love mine !
Bigk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just got them installed on my bike. Your advice was right on target. I checked my first side and yep....would have dinted the tank. Now I have a windshield on my VTX. THANKS!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Trauma,
Glad I could help, I almost dented mine too :oops: ! I go to Big Falls bar on RT. 7 quite a bit, maybe we'll hook up and have a brew :beer3: . You were looking for a reliable mechanic , try Team Machine at 9505 Philadelpia Rd. in Rosedale. Stormin' Norman does all the work on my bike including all servicing. He dyno'ed my baby and she certainly ROCKS :twisted: . He races bikes so he knows what he's doing. Does all his own machining and fabricating. I've known him for 3 years and trust him completely. Try him out, you'll be happy. Bigk.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Juanchithebiker said:
Do you have a phone number for your mechanic?
Thanks in advance.
The number is 410-935-7064.
BIGK

·
Registered
437 Posts
i called team machine, and the guys there sound like they know what they are doing. if it is any indication, they talk me OUT OF DOING WORK!!! :shock:

said it would be best to wait until i had the pcIII and airbox before getting her dynoed....

i'll be going there when i'm ready.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Team Machine

Stormin' Norman and Tony are straight up guys, they won't sell you something or a service if you don't need it>

Bigk

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hey Guys!

Let me know when you go to Big Falls, it's right around the corner for me, I would love to meet you guys there. I love that place!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Rocco,
I'll try to give you a heads up , It will be soon !
Bigk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts