Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just wondering if anyone has or has have trouble with crackling in the lower part of windshield? i have the blue tent in mine and i'v replaced it three times in the two years i'v had it.anyone else having this problem and if so what color do you have? is their any thing that can be done to stop it? i have sent this one back for them to look at. still waiting to hear.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
By crackling you may actually mean crazing. Most common cause of that is an incompatible cleaner. Usually one that has ammonia in it. I use only Novus #1 cleaner which is totally compatible with plexiglass.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Sounds to me that there is a problem with the way it's mounted causing the windshield to flex/bend/tweek in a position it's not designed to. There should be no way a windshield should need to be replaced under normal riding every yr or 2.
I would loosen all the mounting brackets etc. and see if they tend to re-position themselves. Just a thought

·
Registered
163 Posts
My wife's bike has the same issue and that windshield has never had anything other than soapy water and bug $h!t on it.... and it's also blue. The ones that I hear this happening on 9 out of 10 times are blue... coincidence? :dontknow:

·
Registered
944 Posts
hi guys just wondering if anyone has or has have trouble with crackling in the lower part of windshield? i have the blue tent in mine and i'v replaced it three times in the two years i'v had it.anyone else having this problem and if so what color do you have? is their any thing that can be done to stop it? i have sent this one back for them to look at. still waiting to hear.
What type of windshield did you buy? Is it always in the same place which might indicate something is in a bind?? I have the clear Memphis Shades but no problem in 3 years.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Memphis Shades, had em on 3 bikes

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
winshields

hi guys yea i have just used soap and water on this one as well. i'm thinking it's in the flexing as well but not sure what to do about it. i have moved everything i can but the same thing .i'm hoping that they can tell me.and yes it is the memphis shade. like i said this is the 3rd one. so i thought i would check with the board here and see if i was the only one!!!!:dontknow:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts