1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm tired of the HD guys being able to show some ‘ride pride’ and we are stuck with minimal Honda bling, so I'm making my own. Now the HD guys can check out my ride and be envious I’ve got something they don’t have (until they visit Brandl) I was thinking about putting my avatar icon in the lower corner, but I wanted to keep this project fairly ‘clean’. The cool thing is you can have anything etched, so even if many people start doing this, whatever design you use can still be unique and personal.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Looks freak sweet! A truly custom part:thumbup: If you don't mind me asking whats the damage?

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks freak sweet! A truly custom part:thumbup: If you don't mind me asking whats the damage?
Much less than I had expected. Brandl gave a quote over the phone of $50-60-ish for the laser etching. His price was great, and work top quality. I had the LED's, but you could spend about that much getting LEDs online or at auto parts store. The hardest part was figuring out the bracket at bottom of windshield to cover up the electronics. I have found a couple of options, but went with aluminum channel.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Harley guys got nothing on me:

The pride is in ownership, not just shiny and bling. In my opinion, we have a better power plant. Which is the foundation a motorcycle is built on. Hold your head up high, You have a GREAT bike. I have about $15,000-$20,000 into mine but, it is mine and I can do what I like to with it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The pride is in ownership, not just shiny and bling. In my opinion, we have a better power plant. Which is the foundation a motorcycle is built on. Hold your head up high, You have a GREAT bike. I have about $15,000-$20,000 into mine but, it is mine and I can do what I like to with it.

Not ashamed of the bike - bummed cause I can find 400,000 different HD T-shirts and only 4 different Honda shirts to buy (and two of those I got from DAWG!) :p

Want to show some Ride-pride, so I had to make my own!!

BTW - Like the saddle bags on your bike. What brand? Where did you get them ??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts