Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of us are saddened by the thought of parking the bike for the season. Not me, not entirely anyway :smile2: The one on the left I bought new last year. 2019 Yamaha Sidewinder, XTX LE. Fastest, most powerful factory sled available. Just under 200hp. (factory turbo) The one on the right is my old sled, cant bear to part with it, 09 Yamaha Nytro XTX. Not nearly as fast or powerful but lots of fun. Almost 20,000 kilometers on it which is pretty huge for a snowmobile, not that huge for a 4 stroke sled though. Both are 4 strokes. Hurry up winter!! Lets see your winter rides!

·
Registered
706 Posts

Mine is the black and yellow, 2004 600 SDI with 25,000 km on it. For you southerners, that’s a little over 15,000 miles. That’s a ton for a 2 stroke. Right now the motor is apart in my garage and a new crank is waiting to go in it.

The all yellow is my son’s 2005 500ss which is also a 600 cc motor. They are lots of fun and great way to spend the snowy months.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members/95246-smurfy71-albums-my-vtx1300-picture40314-img-1373.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2004 600 SDI with 25,000 km on it.
That is rare. Although the 600's longer lasting than the 800's, it is very good. First crank? I did a crank and pistons on my wife's 600 Polaris Switchback after 12000 miles. but she definitely is not hard on her sled.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That is rare. Although the 600's longer lasting than the 800's, it is very good. First crank? I did a crank and pistons on my wife's 600 Polaris Switchback after 12000 miles. but she definitely is not hard on her sled.

As far as I know, it’s the first crank. Top end has been done a couple times, once by me. The center seals are shot allowing the case to fill up with oil when not running. Only reason I’m doing it now. The chassis is getting pretty beat up, but with the amount of snow we get here I can’t justify buying something newer right now.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members/95246-smurfy71-albums-my-vtx1300-picture40314-img-1373.jpg

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I have only seen two snowmobiles in my life. The first one, in about 1989, was in a Yamaha dealer's showroom in BURBANK CALIFORNIA!!!!!

The second one was a few years ago, in the summer, sitting next to a small building on a farm neat Rosehill, Kansas.

They look like fun!

Joe T.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I have only seen two snowmobiles in my life. The first one, in about 1989, was in a Yamaha dealer's showroom in BURBANK CALIFORNIA!!!!!

The second one was a few years ago, in the summer, sitting next to a small building on a farm neat Rosehill, Kansas.

They look like fun!

Joe T.

I've only seen pics of a snow mobile.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Back in Ohio, I would drive up to father's cottage in Michigan to get in my annual ride. Frozen, skinny lake WOT from one end to the other. That was it for me. I hate the cold, that white **** and ice (not in a glass). Everything looks kind of dead to me. White pastie faced people and dead looking vegetation. But that's just me. My brothers love the cold and snowmobiling. To each their own.

Arizona!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts