441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Riders, I am proposing that we meet on:

SUNDAY
APRIL 24TH
12 NOON
O'LACY'S IRISH PUB
5 School Road, BATAVIA

for a short meet/greet get together and then enjoy a 20 mile ride to the Log Cabin in Indian falls for lunch. Please pass the word and lets make this a sucessful run. If anyone needs directions contact me. Talk to ya later, T-Bone.

The Log Cabin Restaurant

·
Registered
163 Posts
T-Bone Sunday the 24th is a good day for me as I am working Sat. I will be interested as long as my bike is done by then. :roll: I may have to give the ex a little push :lol: Lets all hope the weather is nice and everyone can make it. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
notaharley said:
T-Bone Sunday the 24th is a good day for me as I am working Sat. I will be interested as long as my bike is done by then. :roll: I may have to give the ex a little push :lol: Lets all hope the weather is nice and everyone can make it. :)
OK Lynne, lets hope for GREAT weather. T-Bone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sunday the 24th sounds good for me too. Rather than ride to Batavia separately, would any of the Buffalo riders like to meet and ride to Batavia together? JB

·
Registered
163 Posts
JB40hz said:
Sunday the 24th sounds good for me too. Rather than ride to Batavia separately, would any of the Buffalo riders like to meet and ride to Batavia together? JB
JB, As long as my bike is ready by then I would be interested in meeting somewhere and ride together. I am not sure where everyone in the area live. Maybe we can pick a place in between and then leave from there. I just hope my ride is done by then. I will keep everyone posted on when it is done. Lynne

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sounds Good so long as the weather cooperates. Need directions to get to the meeting place in Batavia. All though I do know where the Log Cabin restaurant is in Indian Falls (go there a lot after getting my cigs at the rez) TIM

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toshea said:
Sounds Good so long as the weather cooperates. Need directions to get to the meeting place in Batavia. All though I do know where the Log Cabin restaurant is in Indian Falls (go there a lot after getting my cigs at the rez) TIM
Tim, I plan on taking a ride out to Batavia tomorrow and see exactly where the Pub is. I will post directions here following that. Glad your gonna come. T-Bone.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JB40hz said:
JB, great idea! I am in for the ride to Batavia. We could meet in the Sears parking lot on Transit @ 11am if this is convenient for everyone. Talk to ya later, T-Bone.

·
Registered
106 Posts
11:00 am Eastern Hills Sears (by main & transit) sounds good, since it's a straight ride down Main Street to Batavia from there. Depending on Weather, I'm in. Oh ya, also depending on if I get my starting issues sovled...I think it's the battery... keep your fingers crossed. 8) JB

·
Registered
163 Posts
directions to O'Lacy's Pub from Transit RD

Leaving Sears on Transit you would get on the 90 E to Exit 48. Left on 98 another left on 33/ny-5 (W Main Street) and it will take you right there. about a half hour ride to Batavia from Transit RD.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Gonna try to make it....mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Id be interested in joining the ride meeting at sears would work for me also Mike G

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
twisted-x said:
Gonna try to make it....mike
Mike, hope to see you there. Diane and I were out to O'Lacy's today and all I a can say Mike is you know how to pick'em. Very cool place. I am sure we will have a good time there with everyone. Later, T-Bone.

A fine array of different drafts.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Toshea said:
Tim, after arriving in Batavia look for Rt. 5. That is main street in town. Look for Center and Bank streets. Turn onto Center street and soon after turn (R) onto School Road. O'Lacy's will be right there. Everyone has to park in the parking lot. See ya there, T-Bone.

·
Registered
409 Posts
T- i thank you for the complement, but it was actually STR8LEG who suggested it. I hope he's feeling better after his surgery and can make it. I think myself and MKVTX1800(also a mike) are gonna try to make it...see you there...mike

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
"Newbies" and group riding.

Over thirty years ago I participated in a couple of small group rides - 4 to 6 riders. Since having my X, which I got last May, I've ridden with no more than one other rider. So as an admitted "newbie" to group riding, I read the following post with particular interest:

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0

Maybe I'll be the only "newbie" to group riding on the 24th, maybe not, so I thought it would be helpful to know about this info. There seems to be quite a bit of diverse opinion on where newbies should ride in the pack, and on the role of the Road Captain. I think this is good reading for everyone and that we should have some appropriate discussion before we ride on the 24th.

T-Bone, I've been assuming that you are our Road Captain, based on the leadership you've provided in pulling this group together. Are you OK with this? Additionally, I ask that anyone else planning on riding with us on the 24th identify their experience or lack thereof.

This is just my take on it. So, whaddya think, folks?
Bill

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bill and others, while I have participated in several large rides I do most of my riding alone. I don't see a problem with me being road captain as long as one realizes that I would be new at the duty. I know most of the hand signals and I will ride as slow as the slowest person with us. I am looking forward to riding together as a group and I am sure that it will go well. It might be shakey at first but as we ride more together it will smooth out and be as fun as it should be. If there are any suggestions/helpful hints to riding together from other riders please don't hesitate to let us know. We will be riding in staggered formation and we will start out slow until we feel familar with riding together as a group. The main thing in my book is to be safe. Talk to ya later, T-Bone.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gents,
We(me and my lady) are going to try like hell to make it the 24th! We'll even ride out to E.H. Mall to meet ya's! Got a little 3yr. old girl, so a sitter is a must for us to do anything like that! Unless I talk the lady into letting me go solo! :D

Been riding many years, but mostly solo, sometimes with 1 or 2 others! Consider myself a very safe, and aware rider!

I live about 5 miles from the Indian Falls Log Cabin, and about 10 from Batavia! Also, I work out of Leroy, NY as a delivery driver for our local beer distributor! I am part of the Buffalo crew, so I have a pretty good knowledge of all the little bars up that way! Mostly from Main to Clinton, and right downtown out to Transit! Then from Transit is kinda my "territory" anyways, so I know all them joints too!!

I was also thinking that anyone who wants to go to the show that they have in Downtown Buffalo...can't remember what they call it, but we should do this same type of thing for that, all meet, and pull in together there! I think that would be awsome! Probly should start another thread for that though! Sorry for the long post!!

Rich

1 - 20 of 51 Posts