Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Old Goat
25,412 Posts
Congrats.....its been a favorite of X’ers for years....like minds....etc,etc.....

Reactions: SUMDATX

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Nice...
Where on your bike did you mount it? Have a picture?
You did use a relay and did you use their wiring harness?

Welcome to VTXOA. I like your avatar too. 🍻

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, pics are in the post. I mounted it to my highway bars and yes, I used a relay.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Thanks slickman, (y)
Nice looking bike too. You should update your profile with your bike info. Year etc so when you have questions you won't have to type it each time.

·
Registered
11,948 Posts
It is NOT a VTX... It is a VT1300___.. Mono-shock.
Same engine as the VTX but it is FI.
Welcome to the VTXOA!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
That's a loud damn horn. Back ten, fifteen years ago when this was "new" I installed one on a GFs 1300 out in Idaho. Then the 'hot setup' was to fab a bracket (weld, drill) and mount it to the cross piece of the swingarm. Regardless, it was winter in Idaho and I hit that thing (dumbass) in a closed one car garage for a 'test'. Fudge! Freaking loud! Yeah she would get on what ever bandwagon you guys were kicking around for the 13s and just had to have! LOL. Risers, clutch relief, Progressive springs (front), and crap I'm forgetting. I'll give her that she was riding it, several thousand miles/year for a few years. 2005 VTX1300R. Oh well, you gotta love 'em.

·
Registered
7,742 Posts
And then there's some who have the Stebel horns. Even louder!

·
Old Goat
25,412 Posts
Back in the day I didnt know about stebel/wolo ....installed Fiamm high/low tone on the bike using stock button and a relay ...they have proved effective...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed this horn today (because the stock one is a POS and not loud enough) and its LOUD!! Nice straight forward install...

Horn
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000PWZR4C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mount
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M1V0R9P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I could not locate your pic for the Wolo horn placement pic on your bike.
I installed mine on the swing arm with the Dan Peppers mount. But unfortunately it points down
and is not very loud. Could you please post the link with your pictures.
Thank you..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Here ya go
thank you for the speedy reply with pics. Looks great in chrome. My highway bar measures just over an inch at 1.007 inches with my digital caliper. I guess I would order the 2pc 1.0" clamp from Amazon. And redo some wiring underneath. Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
Please note, this is on a Stateline and not a VTX. You might gat away with this on a C model, but the fender will hit it on a S or R model VTX. I have one, but mounted to swing arm.

·
Old Goat
25,412 Posts
Please note, this is on a Stateline and not a VTX. You might gat away with this on a C model, but the fender will hit it on a S or R model VTX. I have one, but mounted to swing arm.
Yep plenty of horrors down thru the years of damaged fenders...good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts