Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im looking at taking advantage of the 4th of July sale and buying some cruise pegs. Im wondering if my legs will reach. I have a 1300s with the cobra fatty highway bars,4 inch risers and a Badx seat with the drivers backrest that moves me a little forward,(which is problably the best money Ive spent on the bike yet). Im 5'7 with a 30 inch inseam and I know my choises are limited since I went with the fatty bar,but with something like the kury long horns or some of the other ones that flip around make it so that Ill be able to keep a boot on them without it slipping off?

Thanks
John

G

·
Not to discourage you, but, my friend also has a 30 inseam, and he looks like his feet are on highway pegs on the floor boards already. Think it just depends on how much forward you're sitting than he is. He's not considering highway pegs at all. I would though.

Annette

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey jd, I'm also 5'7 w/ 30 inseam. I would like some cruisein pegs as well, and so far I haven't seen something that work. But later on today I'm going to part w/ a bunch of other X riders, so hopefully I'll be able to find something that will work. But for now all I've been doing is just kick my heels just beside the brake and shifter w/ my toes out the side some and it's farely comfortable for the most part. I'll let know if find something, But otherwise in the meantime if you find something that works out better let me know. good luck :wink:

Mac

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm the same height, same inseam. I got the Kury highway mounts and pegs with offsets and I barely use them at all because my legs are just too short. I'm very comfortable with the stock peg location. Just wanted an option to change positions a little on long rides but I almost never use them. I've considered Mapams or Accutronix but I'm afraid I'll be uncomfortable with them and then I won't have any comfortable postion.

Kfox

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
I am 5'8" and run the Kury offset brackets on my Cobra crash bar it gives me about a 3 to 4 inch adjustment of my highway pegs. Usualy I ride with my heel on the floorboard and the ball of my foot on the highway peg, but can easily hang my feet over the highway pegs. Very comfortable.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I am 5'3" have the cruise mount pegs...with 2 inch offsets and the stilletto pegs...perfect for me...I believe the peg position on the kury cruise mount is nearly the same as on the bars you have..just furher out to the side...Good luck..BB :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone and keep me posted macdaddy. Before I had the fatty crash bars I could catch the front edge of the floorboard and I was fine,but now with the crash bars and my boots size 10,its a tight squeeze to get in between the bar and shifter. Do they make something that mounts to the floorboard that goes out to the side more than out towards the front of the bike and still work with the cobra fatty bar?
Thanks again
John

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
this is what mine look like

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I'm 5'7", 30 in inseam and ride an 04 1300S... kury's cruise peg mounts, 1 1/2 in peg extensions and large kury Iso-pegs work great for me... wouldn't ride without 'em. :D

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Dude looks like you took your bike off road; did she handle good :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kury Parts

I just came across the same problem, I ride a 2007 VTX 1300 C and have the same height problem. I just put on a set of Kury Swingwing pegs. With the adapter it was an easy fix that looks good and is still funtional. Plus it saved me from putting on a set of Highway bars.
Darren

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
that was after about 3 days of rain and since I ride daily I hadn't had the time to clean her up. Usualy doesn't look that bad, and the pics are a couple of months old.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey, NVR2FST. I have "reach" and 'comfort' issues (basically, I have to constantly watch that I don't 'ride' the rear-brake pedal. Looks like you have Forward Controls on your bike. They look beautiful and might be a good solution for me (I am 5' 11"). Can you tell me more about the controls, what kind, how much, how difficult to install, how much mor forward than the originals, maybe a close-up photo... It will be GREATLY appreciated.
Regards,
Berty
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,175 Posts
Berty said:
Hey, NVR2FST. I have "reach" and 'comfort' issues (basically, I have to constantly watch that I don't 'ride' the rear-brake pedal. Looks like you have Forward Controls on your bike. They look beautiful and might be a good solution for me (I am 5' 11"). Can you tell me more about the controls, what kind, how much, how difficult to install, how much mor forward than the originals, maybe a close-up photo... It will be GREATLY appreciated.
Regards,
Berty
[email protected]
Berty, I have the stock controls on and have just added the kuryakyn cruise pegs and large iso pegs. I remeber the cruise pegs mount were about $140 plus another $40 for the pegs, and it installs in in less than 30 minutes. They do nothing for the stock control position just work as highway pegs without the large crash bars which I don't care for on a C model.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts