Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I was born in Panama City in 1958. Now I have an opportunity to go and work there. I'm more than 3000 miles away and plan to ride from Roy, Washington (about 50 miles south of Seattle) to Panama City. I will leave here on Wednesday morning and stay with friends in Logan, Utah on the first night.
I am just wondering if anyone in Panama City would be willing to show me where is the best place to stay (like an extended stay - or a mother-in-law apartment or whatever). I really didn't want to take this job, but I can't find anything locally at the moment. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I'm more than willing to pay my own way.

Thanks, in advance.

Ride safe!

PinkPanther
(Keevin)
253-302-1131
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, been here for two weeks now and it has been raining most of the time. Streets flooding & standing water everywhere. Not exactly the best of riding weather. In the meantime I have been hearing about how great the weather has been at home. I've only met one other rider since being here. He rode his 750 Nighthawk here from Mobile, AL. I've seen only one other Raider but have seen a lot of VTXs here - just not since it's been raining. Mostly have seen a lot of Harleys. Oh well, I'm guessing things will get better with time. IF not, I will probably look for work elsewhere. I can't be riding in this crap and I don't want to depend on other people for a ride in to work all the time. Karen just shipped out my saddlebags and bike cover, slippers and a few other niceties to make things more comfortable here. I am in a little place with a kitchenette, and it's convenient to everything I could possibly need. There's pretty much everything here from all the fast food places to the big box places and a lot of restaurants that aren't found at home like Po' Folks, Church's Chicken and some others. The Florida boards seem pretty dead even though most everyone I've met here is friendly. Maybe they just don't take kindly to strangers or something. I'm looking forward to wrapping this up and going home as soon as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts