Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read most what I could find on windshields by doing searches. I have a 1300C and have never had a windshield before. I am getting older and think I want one. have heard alley cat mentioned a lot. My question is if you have one and something happened to it, would you buy another one or something different?
I am 6 ft and wear full face helmet.
Thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have a Deflector windshield made by National Cycle. It mounts with a "switchblade" system mount. There are different size windshields that are interchangable with this mount, and just "snap-in" to lock in place. The deflector just eliminates the wind from the chest area. I also have the "2 up" windshield that I use for long trips, and/or with the sweetypie on the backseat. I would definitely buy these windshields over again if something happened to them.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I use an alley cat on my 1300c and yes if something happend to it, I would get another......I too am 6 ft but I also have a 54" chest, so without it I was taking a beating.....kinda like a wall going 65mph...with the alley cat, thats gone....the thing will not keep all the wind outa your face if that's what you're looking for.....but it does keep it off the body..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Fatigue Factor

The main thing you're looking for is to lessen fatigue from the constant wind. Minimizing the number of bugs in the face is also a BIG plus. It doesn't take much windshield to deflect the wind and make a big difference.

I have the Memphis Fat 19" and like it a lot. Styling is a personal issue. I'm happy.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I would not, I could not, with an Ally Cat, I would not, could not in a house, I would not, could not....

·
Registered
292 Posts
I echo the others. The cat keeps the wind off of my chest. If I had to buy another it would be the cat or demon.

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Nobody said:
I have read most what I could find on windshields by doing searches. I have a 1300C and have never had a windshield before. I am getting older and think I want one. have heard alley cat mentioned a lot. My question is if you have one and something happened to it, would you buy another one or something different?
I am 6 ft and wear full face helmet.
Thanks
Where are you in Va.? I have an Alley Cat, if your close you can come by and you can try it out on your bike.
Bigdog

·
Registered
78 Posts
I also have the NC switchblade w/ 2up shield, for the highway it keeps things nice & calm in the saddle. I am 5'10" and look through the top couple of inches of the shield (over the top if I don't slouch) I hope to add the deflector soon for cruising around town.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Got the Alley Cat on my "C" and I think it looks cool. 8) It keeps the wind off my chest and looks like it belongs on the scoot. If I were to replace it, I'd get another Alley Cat. :D

Chuck

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
I have the Bigshot on my C - same mounting system as the Alley Cat. Shape is a little different and a bit taller than the AC. Figured I could chop some off if it was too high - but it is just right for me. I am 6'.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Alley Cat user - count me in as one who'd replace it if the situation warranted it. I've also thought about getting the Big Shot (in addition of) since it uses the same bracket assembly. But I am not sure the differences between the two are enough to have both. I love the 30-second on/off routine, but I find that I leave it on most of the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.