Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I can get Lamont to change the places that the Florida chapters show up in the index list and group them together? I could have him do it something like this:

Florida- -Central FL XRiders
Florida- -North Florida VTX Riders or whatever name is approved by the group
Florida- -Northwest Florida VTX Riders
Florida- -South FL XRiders

I always have a hard time finding them and I think a new person would be looking under Florida first. If its not broken I will just leave it alone. Let us know.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hal,
That would be cool. As for the North Florida Chapter, a group of us got together and we came up with this. "First Coast VTX Riders". If that part could be done, that would be great. Thank you for all your patience Hal. 8)

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be cool. As for the North Florida Chapter, a group of us got together and we came up with this. "First Coast VTX Riders". If that part could be done, that would be great. Thank you for all your patience Hal.
I sent Lamont a note about the name. But considering what has already transpired how does Lamont know that this is a group decision? He had a similar problem with another group and made the change only to find out that it wasn't a group decision. Not trying to create problems but don't want to make anyone feel like they were left out of the process. How do you think he should handle it?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Understandable Hal, understandable. Just so you know, Vortexx (stu) had sent an e-mail to lamonte for this name change. as you know vortexx is the North florida coordinator. hopefully some of my other brotherine's will chime in for this name change. But I can understand your concern Hal.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
how bout this,
1] change the North Florida forum to "First Coast VTX Riders"

ok now, once our topics are under our title,
because the majority of the post, if not all,
are by us that elect to make this move.
so once this is done.

2] just add a new forum for the North Florida VTX Riders.

this way you still got North Florida VTX Riders,
and they got them a forum.
and we got our "First Coast VTX Riders" forum,
and we saved our post and topics.

but we are the majority of people that have posted on this forum,
North Florida, the past few months.
we'd like to have our own forum , separate from the rest.
we are the First Coast VTX Riders.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will let Lamont know. Not to get nit-picky but who do the old messages really belong to? For me personally it wouldn't matter. But after seeing all of the stuff that David (VTXeher) had to deal with on the logo issue I think we all should be a little gun shy to make any changes that aren't approved by everybody. I just don't want to see a whole new set of issues get started.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I have moved all the FL chapter boards together now. As far as the name change goes, I think I sent you a message that I thought that might be a bad idea because then new folks would not know this was a FL chapter with that name. Now that they are grouped together I guess that won't be a problem but I guess I need to know if this is a group decision or what. I don't really see why you need to change the name but that's up to the members. Let me know.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
here this shines light on where and what
part of florida is the first coast.

notice the map and five counties of northeast florida
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Coast

i don't know the geographic map set
to divide florida northwest , from north, and how far up central
comes for the VTX Riders.

but we simply want to be seperated.

we'd like our own forum.
"The First Coast VTX Riders"
and as i stated in my prior reply,
it is agreement and the way i explained to
do it would keep our post under our forum.
we are the ones who posted pretty much every post in the
north florida forum.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
it is not really a big deal.
we were simply looking for
a forum of our own.
within this great place we have.

i'm sure whatever is done will be ok.

we don't want to lose the friends,
and we want to stay part of VTX Riders and VTXOA.

at sametime we don't want to start a big stinker either.

i'm sure Stu/VorTeXx will hash out whatever solution with
LaMonster and all envolved.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I vote for "First Coast VTX Riders". Alternately, the point can be made by non-locals, where is the "First Coast" so Northeast Florida riders would be ok with me too. I think we have a good majority on this one.. . .Northeast Florida riders making most posts on North Florida Forum.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
VorTeXx said:
I sent the below request to LaMonster today via PM. This was per our meeting the other day. Wanted to put it here too so you all would know that the request has been made.

Stu

We on the North Florida board had a meeting last week and came to an agreement that we would like to change the name of our board from North Fla VTX Riders to First Coast VTX Riders and asked me to ask you if this can be done and if so will it cause us to loose all our post. If that would happen then leave it as is. If we can change the name and keep all our post then please do it for us.

Thanks

Stu Pylant

I will post this on the North Fla board so you will know that the others know about this request
The last thing I wanted to do was start a stink about all of this. I thought I was very clear in my message to LaMont that this was a group decision, that we had held a meeting and voted on this item and it was decided that this is what we wanted. I then posted a message quoted above on the North Fla board to show that this was indeed not something that I had just dreamed up. I swear I can't see the problem in all of this. We are only talking about the name and the reasons for the change are ours. I would not nor would anyone else just strike out on their own and ask something like this just as a whim. I hope this puts all this to rest and the name change be forth coming. How much more in the open can we be about this?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
REDHEADX said:
Hey Loop do they still do Baker acts here in Florida? All I need is my signature a close relative of yours for you to seek professional counceling.
I'll do it. State calls it a BA52, I call it a public service :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts