Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mad Hatter
21,343 Posts
Go Figure!! One of the Finest at it again :roll: Pulling someone over for a CRACK in the Shield, Come On, there has to be Somthing more inportant than that going on..

And Then A Porr Soul gets Hit Riding His Bike and the Cop still is More worried about the Guy with out a License :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
very sad how on lookers will kill in the blink of an eye.
That officer did a great job. My hats off 2 him.
I think the driver of the cage should be beat by the guys family for many hours,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and then serve a lot of time!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ya, that's a good video. This is why i'm extra alert any time i'm near anything that causes rubbernecking.

One of the witnesses says the bicyclist was trying to get around the police/perp car. This sounds ok especially when you look how they left the door of the Camaro open. If you watch it again, he's way the frick out in the middle of the street, though. That lane is super wide.

It's also kinda funny to see a bicyclist going the other way a few moments before the accident.

I can't fault the cop for what he did. Pulling someone over for a cracked windshield sounds like a crappy thing to do, but it serves the purpose of doing a license/reg/insurance (and often drug) check. I've been pulled over for not having a front license plate, and it's no big deal if you're legit. Don't give cops a reason if you don't like it. In this case it was a good thing because it caught someone driving who shouldn't have been.

I also don't see a problem with how he remained focused on the car stop. The guy on the ground couldn't run like the guys at the car. He also didn't know if the passenger had access to a weapon. There's not much the officer could do for the guy on the ground except remind him not to move and let him know an ambulance was coming.

After being on scene at accidents (one just last weekend), i kind of wish they had a COPS for Highway Patrol just so people understand why they do what they do. They often come across as arseholes, but there's a reason for the questions they ask and the way they ask them.

It makes me wonder about Dawn's crash (the video bike chick). She mentioned how the officer there asked her to walk off the freeway and how two nurses told him that she shouldn't move. She thought he was being an arse because he said he wasn't talking them. Too bad that this exchange was omitted from the video.

I could easily see him asking her if she could move to the side of the freeway just to test her cognitive abilities and get a better idea of her condition. It is easy to misinterpret, "Can you" with "Will you" or "I want you to". In Dawn's own word's he was trying to direct his question at HER without buttinski 1 and 2. To me, this further indicates that he was trying to determine her current mental/physical state. Again, too bad this exchange was omitted from the video.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
The cop was on patrol, being filmed, talking about his hair cut. Yes a cracked windshield, is a BS stop. His guess paid off, because the driver had a suspended license. The man who got hit on the bike was due to a rubber necker not paying attention. I thought the cop handled the the entire event in a professional manner. I'm not a cop, but I do understand why he did the stop. He was being filmed and 8 hours of talking about his hair cut,wasn't going to make the local news.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Kevin Kuiper said:
Go Figure!! One of the Finest at it again :roll: Pulling someone over for a CRACK in the Shield, Come On, there has to be Somthing more inportant than that going on..

And Then A Porr Soul gets Hit Riding His Bike and the Cop still is More worried about the Guy with out a License :roll: :roll:
As much as people dont like those kind of stops, you really have to understand that those type of stops almost all the time introduce some type of additional charges/crimes.
I had pulled over people for real minute things before, and the stops have produced arrests more times than not.
Crime goes on every day and with less than 1% of the population as police officers, a lot gets missed as it happens. So we have to try and catch the criminals after the fact in other ways. Not to be mean, but you guys say BS, but when the average stop like that produces weapons, drugs, or even wanted felons, suddenly your attitude turns to "way to go", another criminal off the streets who could potentially harm you or your family. Its not fair that the police receive so much criticism, its usually from people who have been on the wrong side of the law, or people who i guess just dont understand their job, and the stuff they see on a daily basis. It is unfortunate that after so many years, you really start to look at people as possible suspects all the time.
As i get off my soap box, i just ask that before anyone says BS, please do a ride-along with a police officer, see the abuse they get. Every day the police get abused physically and verbally, and every once in a while, a cop does go over the line, and it gets put all over the news for bad attention. Im not saying all cops are saints, but they are human, for all the police in the country, statistically very few infractions towards the public.

Just my 2 cents. To quote crew

Opinions vary,

Jason

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
pbsmoker said:
*** please excuse edit *** Im not saying all cops are saints, but they are human, for all the police in the country, statistically very few infractions towards the public.

Just my 2 cents. To quote crew

Opinions vary,

Jason
Thank you for your patriotic service in uniform at home ...

opinions vary ...

all blessings ...

crew

:crew:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Never heard of the call as a 'ped vs. car' before. Sounds like it was a scheduled contest. WWF goes street.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts