·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was in todays paper...... :shock: :shock:

Man wearing Hells Angels T-shirt slain in error
Two bikers with the rival Pagans gang are charged in Manville killing
Tuesday, April 19, 2005

A Somerset County man gunned down Sunday in a Manville sports bar was killed because he was wearing a Hells Angels T-shirt, authorities said yesterday.
John Grover, 40, of Hillsborough was killed by two members of the Pagans motorcycle gang who thought Grover was a member of the rival Hells Angels, Somerset County Prosecutor Wayne Forrest said.
But Grover didn't even own a motorcycle, according to close friends, and police say he had no criminal record and there is no evidence he was a gang member.
A T-shirt with a flaming skull logo given to him by a friend was his only connection to the "New Roc City" chapter of the Hells Angels based in New Rochelle, N.Y.
Gang experts said the shooting is more evidence of an escalating turf war in New Jersey between Pagans and the infamous Angels, which has chapters worldwide but is just starting to take root locally.
"The Hells Angels are moving into what has primarily been known as Pagan territory," said Detective Sgt. Rick Foote, supervisor of the Street Gang Unit for the State Police. "They are actively looking to open a chapter here."
"You're going to see these small encounters," Foote said. He said the targets of attacks are typically those wearing overt gang membership patches or jackets.
In recent years, the Hells Angels have started merchandising T-shirts, hats and sweatshirts through their various chapter Web sites and in local shops. The gear is available in styles for both men and women and requires no actual affiliation to the motorcycle club for purchase.
"Your purchases show that you support The Club's philosophy of being free," according to the Hells Angels Web site.
T-shirts like the one Grover was wearing when he was gunned down cost about $20.
Friends said the closest Grover came to motorcycles was riding all-terrain vehicles in the woods near his Hillsborough home. He had just started a job as a mechanic, said friends who feared being named.

If you look up the shirt that he was wearing it was not that differant then this patch

Be mindful of what you wear !

·
Registered
456 Posts
Woa - this is way to close for me.
My brother lives in Manville and I live in Franklin twp.

Crazy $hit over wearing the wrong shirt in the wrong place and time.

If you want to see the inside of the outlaw bike world, check out "Uner and Alone" by William Queen. This guy (an ATF agent) spent 28 months undercover with the Mongols in so cal. He actually became a "Patched in" member and officer !

·
Registered
846 Posts
I sure like riding my motorcycle, but I can't see it ever turning into a situation where I kill someone because they are in another club. I can't comprehend this type of behavior.

G

·
0 Posts
That's weird. Last Saturday I was wearing my "VTX - Made In America" shirt and wondering if it could get me in trouble if I stumbled into the wrong place at the wrong time.

You never know how someone is going to react. I believe the shirt could cause trouble under the right circumstances. Don't know if I'd wear it to a Harley sponsored poker run. Something to think about.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Bubbaloo said:
I sure like riding my motorcycle, but I can't see it ever turning into a situation where I kill someone because they are in another club. I can't comprehend this type of behavior.
It isn't about motorcycles, it's about drug sales and criminal activity. Turf Wars are about who controls the criminal activity in certain areas. Chances are good the Pagans are making some big cash, and don't want to lose it to incoming dealers. This shooting is classic gang stupidity.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
And the newbs wonder why we warn them to watch what you wear, patch or t shirt...can easily get you in trouble with the 1%! They ARE SERIOUS!

·
Registered
759 Posts
I was warned about this at my first CMA meeting. I thought they were just being overly cautious, but some of the members are ex-members of some of the really rough gangs, still have the tat's that signify their gang affiliation, but keep them covered. In my mind this is about as stupid of a reason to kill someone as I've ever heard.

Just shows it pays to be safe,
George

·
Registered
271 Posts
1%

I been here a year and just found out about 1%
so if anyone dosnt know they should ask here at this forum....
What upsets me is our service men put there life on the line for our freedom and some $%^& gang members just shoot innocent riders and people on the street . they should be dealt with Immediately for crimes like that in our country.
thats my 2cents.... prayers for the mans family
john

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
wildabouthorses said:
And the newbs wonder why we warn them to watch what you wear, patch or t shirt...can easily get you in trouble with the 1%! They ARE SERIOUS!
I only wear the vest below when I'm with other members -- wearing rockers or territorial patches are like waiving a red cape in front of a bull to some of the criminal bikers element (and I live near several Hells Angels chapters in the SF Bay Area). I bought a light brown unadorned vest for riding solo - discretion is the better part of valor....

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Blade said:
wildabouthorses said:
I only wear the vest below when I'm with other members -- wearing rockers or territorial patches are like waiving a red cape in front of a bull to some of the criminal bikers element (and I live near several Hells Angels chapters in the SF Bay Area). I bought a light brown unadorned vest for riding solo - discretion is the better part of valor....

Very true Mike. Just so you guys know a few of the outlaw biker groups from all over the country monitor and read this site on a daily basis. I was told by a person I know that is a member of one of the biker gangs and I quote:

" you want to talk s#!t about us thats your F in bag , we might not kick your worthless A$$ but some poor innocent SOB wearin your rice burnin vx crap will get their A$$ kicked and you can bank on it " end of quote.

I just try and watch what I wear, as to not offend any body. Remember you dont just mess with one, you mess with a brotherhood of them. Just be careful my friends..............

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
warden wrote:

I just try and watch what I wear, as to not offend any body. Remember you dont just mess with one, you mess with a brotherhood of them. Just be careful my friends..............
Very true, not saying what was done to this young man was right by any means, but we must be careful not to offend by what we wear, and to show some "respect" if ever approched.

The real scary thing here is that they are selling these shirts over the net, and alot of people (kids too) have no idea what it could mean :shock:

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'm going to kill you because you're wearing clothing that I don't like... Wow. What kind of world are we livin in? :(

·
Registered
808 Posts
they try to make the whole thing seem glamerous and cool, you know the whole "biker lifestyle" and all that crap. Around here when the Angels run their "fundraiser barbques" they advertise them as "you see what they do to us, you could be next!" Please....the feds aren't sitting outside my front door because I dont run drugs or extortion or generally do illegal things. (i.e. sometime last year two angles were pulled over on the Jersey tpke. for speeding wound up getting collered for having something like 3 million in cash and about 1.5 million in crystal meth in the car with them...but they dont do anything illegal.) the other thing I dont understand is why advertise it (you know the jacket vest tats)? Even John Gotti denied being a mobster until the day he died. I got no use for those people, and I have more respect for a friggin slug. I grew up with a guy who became a Pagan...he used to get his a$$ kicked every day in grade school, in highschool we used to shove him in the lockers for sport...yeah it was wrong but thats what we did, he was a loser(still is) anyway I was home on leave from the army one Christmas and I ran into him in a local bar and he said to me "You better watch yourself cause you know who I run with now" I told him if there was a locker around I would still shove him in it and that he was still a loser...about a year later he was taken into "protective custody" because they were supposed to take over a topless bar and when they (5 pagans) went to rough up the owner (former recon Marine) he put 4 of them in critical condition and this guy ran for his life and left his buddies...the club put a hit on him. F*%@in jerkoffs.

Sorry this is so long...I just dont like people who play the biker lifestyle as an excuse to be a dirtbag :evil:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I rember seeing a online store, think it was the Hells' Angels NYC chapter selling tshirts and mugs with there symbols. I couldn't understand who would buy the stuff except someone who knew nothing about the biker world. The 1%er clubs make most of their money from drug trafficing and production. Most of their "wars" are over control of a certain areas drug profits.
Every once in awhile i hear someone say there going to a rally or run sponsered by one of these clubs. I get the idea they think it's cool.Let me be very honest on this. If you roll up on a Bandido,Ching, Hells , or mongel or whatever......there's tons of smaller ones.....wearing some Honda stuff youre likely to catch a little hell. Roll up with the made in America vtx one and the chances of that increses. Whether it be a simple beat down or something much worse who knows.
I deal with these folks some and have had numerous family in the Bandidos MC. The majority have a long criminal past and a violent one.
You don't get your colors for these clubs by just showing up and hanging out.Rape,murder,arson,car theft, gang rapes, robbing other drug dealers,armed robberey,kidnapping and others are just a list of a few of the well documented things that those interested in becoming a prospect then member of outlaw gangs have had to do to earn thier colors.Dont' get the misconception that there "group" is about riding a Harley.If your new to motorcycles and are thinking of going on runs and rallies, do your homework on where your going and who you will be riding with. It'll make things a lot easier and possibly safer.

·
Registered
803 Posts
But... aren't bikers the Best People In The World???

·
Registered
289 Posts
not to ruffle anyones feathers but some people who belong to clubs ie bandidos mc, outlaws mc, pagans mc, hells angels mc, mongols mc, are genuinly good people you CAN NOT judge a group of people based off of what a few members did. we don't judge all cops as outlaws just because one of them took a bribe or did something wrong. I have met plenty of 1% bikers that i would like to be around more than cops that will take advantage of someone when they are weak and beat the he^^ out of them after they handcuff you. again just my opinion and my experiance

·
Registered
740 Posts
Thank God here in Florida we have a concealed weapon permit that is available for law abiding citizens. You would be suprised at the amount of respect people have for one another, not knowing if the "other guy" is armed, or not. Kind of keeps things even, if you know what I mean. But then again what good is it to have a gun when some dirtbag shoots you in the back of the head? But then again I could get run over by the "Short Bus" crossing the street.

And yeah, zephyr, what the hell is up with "in hibernation"? get out and ride it like you stole it!!! :lol:

·
Registered
217 Posts
wow

I live in Canada (Montreal Area) and am pretty freaked out by what I am reading.
Anyone know if this 1% are up here?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts