Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all:

Well I am doing a 240 kit on my new 2005 VTX1800F. I just received my SumoX rear fender from Kurt and it looks great. I had him paint it to match my OEM color and put on the same tribal stickers.

However, one small problem. The stickers that Honda calls "Titanium Tribal" do not match what Kurt put on. I called him and he was very cool about it. He is not sure if he can get the actual stickers that I have on my bike.

So, my dilemma is this...what to do???

I thought about having Kurt send me more tribal stickers and replace the ones on my tank and front fender to match the new rear fender, however since they are clear coated on, that would require more painting I assume.

I dont know what to do. Hate to think the extra $$$ I spent on the rear fender for OEM paint and stickers was wasted. Appears it may have been.

Any suggestions?

B

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bare,

Yes Kurt said I could send the fender back in and he would redo it with correct stickers if he could get them. He didnt mention if that would be for a $charge$. :shock:

He also said another option would be to send in my tank and front fender and he could take off OEM stickers and put the ones on that he did for my rear fender and then reclear coat it. I believe he did mention that would be around $700 for everything.

I just hate to invest nearly another grand into it for an OEM look.

Thanks for ringing in on the thread

·
Registered
476 Posts
Please post pics when it is done. I would love to see a 240 on an F.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts