1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Old Goat
25,648 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Stock are expensive.
If you dont like the price, you just dont buy them.
Mine are going to the dealer if not purchased so they are sold either way.

·
Old Goat
25,648 Posts
Stock are expensive.
If you dont like the price, you just dont buy them.
Mine are going to the dealer if not purchased so they are sold either way.
Not to hijack the thread, but I didnt mention any names....just trying to help a fellow Xer out ..and Im proud for ya...:thumbup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If nobody steps up with a reasonably priced set, the sponsor of this site sells some that are a exact match to the stockers ($36)...and you can try ebay....goodluck
ps...the oval mirrors are the same on 1800 F/C and 1300 C....:thumbup:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=4434&str=1
Thank you for the information. I bought my bike second-hand, and it had been in a slide that destroyed the original rectangular mirrors. They had been replaced by look-alike mirrors that didn't measure up to the originals. The rubber gasket that holds the glass is heavier than the originals (not important), but the metal does not appear to be chrome. It's rather a polished, light-weight metal that does not have the deep shine of chrome, but more importantly are very light and do not dampen vibrations nearly as effectively as OEM mirrors. I would much rather have the OEM mirrors. The ovals, I think, suit the bike better than the rectangular ones. I also bought non-OEM mirrors for a Wing I used to own, and had the same experience. Although the third-party mirrors were identical in shape, the materials used were not up to OEM standards. I don't know whether the mirrors you mention do meet OEM specs, but I'm unwilling to chance it. Thanks again.

·
Old Goat
25,648 Posts
Thank you for the information. I bought my bike second-hand, and it had been in a slide that destroyed the original rectangular mirrors. They had been replaced by look-alike mirrors that didn't measure up to the originals. The rubber gasket that holds the glass is heavier than the originals (not important), but the metal does not appear to be chrome. It's rather a polished, light-weight metal that does not have the deep shine of chrome, but more importantly are very light and do not dampen vibrations nearly as effectively as OEM mirrors. I would much rather have the OEM mirrors. The ovals, I think, suit the bike better than the rectangular ones. I also bought non-OEM mirrors for a Wing I used to own, and had the same experience. Although the third-party mirrors were identical in shape, the materials used were not up to OEM standards. I don't know whether the mirrors you mention do meet OEM specs, but I'm unwilling to chance it. Thanks again.
:thumbup::thumbup:great bunch of folks here, I had a lay down and somebody gave me a brand new set of the ovals....good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts