Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dumb azz was putting the bike away and squeezed between the car and door frame..tore one of my bag straps....I did a useable fix...and can live with it...but if I can get a strap easy fix....TIA 619922C6-63F2-45E4-9A51-D9DB5DC59961.jpeg
these pictured are for example...taken from a rather expensive HD repair kit...

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Find a local leather shop or saddle tack shop and they could cut one and punch the holes in it for you and should be reasonable. Or find a leather belt the same width and thickness at Goodwill or a store and do it your self. My .02 for today 🍻

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Find a local leather shop or saddle tack shop and they could cut one and punch the holes in it for you and should be reasonable. Or find a leather belt the same width and thickness at Goodwill or a store and do it your self. My .02 for today 🍻
Rather than to tell u I knew all that ...I will just say thanks for the reply.....lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dumb azz was putting the bike away and squeezed between the car and door frame..tore one of my bag straps....I did a useable fix...and can live with it...but if I can get a strap easy fix....TIA View attachment 189292
these pictured are for example...taken from a rather expensive HD repair kit...
If you have the measurements I can cut you some straps. I do custom leather work & mostly use tan colored vegtan leather which I can dyed black without a problem.

·
Old Goat
26,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the measurements I can cut you some straps. I do custom leather work & mostly use tan colored vegtan leather which I can dyed black without a problem.
I appreciate that..and will keep it in mind......I fixed it for the moment...but to tell u the truth gives me a good excuse to take the bags off on occasion....as that was the plan originally to go naked....lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts