Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone...just need some feedback on these slip ons ..if they are junk and have to rejet...i saw them on ebay under 200 new thanks

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Let me save you some money. These are the same as the JC Whitney slipons that you can get for less than 100. The only difference is you need to make a small bracket. I will let someone else fill you in on x-choppers:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Slipons

If you want to save money and do the slipon thing, the best thing is the JC Whitney mufflers for $60.00 for both and then all you have to do is make a real simple bracket
to keep yhe top muffler stable, cost of bracket is less than $5.00 in metal. I did this mod on one of my VTX bikes, the sound for me is just right, no need to rejet, just do the Scar mod and take off the pair valves and put on block off plates. If you need any help or more info, just let me know. Here is a picture of my bike with the slipons.

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Do a search on this board on X-Choppers. There's enough info here to tell you not to buy these from there. Get in the habit of searching for your questions before posting new ones. My guess is that 99.9% of your questions have already been asked and answered.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you want to save money and do the slipon thing, the best thing is the JC Whitney mufflers for $60.00 for both and then all you have to do is make a real simple bracket
to keep yhe top muffler stable, cost of bracket is less than $5.00 in metal. I did this mod on one of my VTX bikes, the sound for me is just right, no need to rejet, just do the Scar mod and take off the pair valves and put on block off plates. If you need any help or more info, just let me know. Here is a picture of my bike with the slipons.
If or when you have time could you take some close up shots of the bracket you made for your slip ons.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts