41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #41

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
PM 'dearsleigher'. GlensVTXGarage.com He sells his version for $40-some bucks. Full circular mount goes all the way around the gascap. I got mine after- I placed my avatar pic here.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have his cap hinge and love it. Why do you need a half circle one?

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would love to take those mirrors off of your hands. I have adapters and the wife's learner Rebel needs some mirrirs that don't shake like a paint mixer!! haha... If you still have them I could send you a shipping label if you're ok with that. The wife runs a UPS store so shipping is a breeze for us. Either way thanks and be safe out there.
John

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
It's an attached item to the gas cap. It allows the cap to flip, without having to completely remove it and set it aside while filling up. The 'X' style was a different styling exercise. The one sold by Dearsleigher (GlensVTXGarage.com) has a little more metal and forms a complete circle around the gas cap. Love mine!

·
Old Goat
24,086 Posts
I have an orginal X hinge on mine, regardless of style or who makes em....great little addon...

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's an attached item to the gas cap. It allows the cap to flip, without having to completely remove it and set it aside while filling up. The 'X' style was a different styling exercise. The one sold by Dearsleigher (GlensVTXGarage.com) has a little more metal and forms a complete circle around the gas cap. Love mine!

Thanks Rangers4u! I can sure see how that would come in real handy!!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Correction.... the X style wasn't a "styling exercise", it was made by the guy (Coyote) who actually invented it. It was made in both the half and full circle versions for different models. Deersleigers is a straight up rip' off of that mans work. glens = stolen design. People who steal are thieves. A thief is a POS. Connect the dots.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Correction.... the X style wasn't a "styling exercise", it was made by the guy (Coyote) who actually invented it. It was made in both the half and full circle versions for different models. Deersleigers is a straight up rip' off of that mans work. glens = stolen design. People who steal are thieves. A thief is a POS. Connect the dots.
The term 'styling exercise' was intended as a bit of compliment. As I came late to the VTX party nearly 5 yrs. ago, I obviously missed some of the DRAMA here. Thanks for the history lesson. Since the X style wasn't easily available, if at all, but the other one was, I chose it, and am STILL happy with it. I see how you got your name.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts