Honda VTX Forum banner

X hinge purchase ??

812 views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  X RTD 
#1 ·
ok im thinking of buying one but im scared of the wait time,well not that scared we have 65.4" of snow and its still snowing...so no ridding any way but....should i go for it or wait..what should i do?????help me boys and girls should i or shouldnt i buy it now?????:dontknow:

#2 ·
My experience: out of stock, order and hope I'm on the "first in, first out" list....learned it's important to call about triple tree cover, phone calls make a difference!
on back order, order and hope I'm on the "first in, first out" list....learned I could wait f.o.r.e.v.e.r. for risers, canceled and ordered different kind from someone else.
arriving soon, order, forget to call, miss "first in, first out" opportunity (remember lesson learned with prior experience) get it 2 weeks later.
If I really want something, I just have to get it. Even though it doesn't snow but once every 11 years where I live, I imagine the wait would be worth it since you are waiting anyway...good luck and Happy New Year!

#5 ·
I'm on the fence about ordering this also but I know that I'm going to order it. All of the reviews that I've read on this are positive and it's functional. I hate the thought of waiting on something but if that's what it takes to get one, it will be worth it. :thumbup:

#8 ·
As mentioned its on sale might as well order it and you will be in line.Your credit card is not charged till it ships. When I got mine I just ordered it and forgot about it, what a surprise when it got here, one of the few things on my bike that actually earns its keep. good luck

#9 ·
ok so i orderd it, its 1/1/09 lets see how long it takes to get here..yea if it dont quit snowing i cant ride till june any way theres so much snow it wont melt off till then:( but i orderd one so i cant wait to see it:D:D:D thanks ya'll happy new year ride safe:thumbup::thumbup:

#11 ·
heres an up date on my order i just got an email from dlp saying a ship date of 1-9-09 if this is true that will be cooooool. i quess we'll wait and see...stay tuned for further updates:D:thumbup:

#12 ·
heres an up date on my order i just got an email from dlp saying a ship date of 1-9-09 if this is true that will be cooooool. i quess we'll wait and see...stay tuned for further updates:D:thumbup:
Like you said you can't ride till the snow melts....Thing is I ordered mine back on August 4th so come tomorrow it's been on back order 5 months. I to am on that expected delivery date of 1-9-09 but have seen those dates come and go several, several, several, (you get the point) times and don't think it will come then due to someones post of some sickness with a person who does some of the production. Several times it was a chrome problem so that info was a new one for us waiting.
If you had waited till the next batch run date you would have waited longer so hopes are you will get yours on the 9th...after the bunch ahead of ya. Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

#13 ·
Don't count on 1/9 ship date

I wouldn't count on the Jan 9 ship date. I ordered mine on Aug 20 and am still waiting. When I last spoke to the folks at DLP they acknowledged they are not sure when these will come in. They can't ship what they do not have. I do think that some did come in for the 1800's but none for the 1300's. Good luck on your wait.

#14 ·
I ordered mine just before christmas and the delivery was 5 days.. Must be a new shipment came in. It looks really nice and I can't wait to put it on.

#15 ·
OK, OK ....You guys talked me into it.
I just ordered mine also, been wanting one for awhile now.
With the waiting time , I'll get it when I get it :dontknow:
Along with the Extended Throttle Boss from Kury it put me over the top for the discount. Thanks, Hal :thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.