Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to remove and re-install the X hinge. Mine is well stuck on my old dash that was messed up in my crash. I know it's held on with 3M adhesive, but I can't find any locally in a small roll. I am looking for 3M double sided tape right?? Anyone know where I can get the same stuff that's used on it? That stuff really holds.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Try a good auto parts store. They sell the stuff for auto body repair and it's pretty common.
If you don't have any luck at the auto-zone types,try a older parts store like a NAPA or a mom-and-pop-type. Or just go to any auto-body shop and buy a foot off their rolls. They might even give away the amount you'd need.
I know from a past life the stuff is common as can be. Should not be hard to get.
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
64,223 Posts
Any Napa or large auto parts store should have the 3m bumper tape. You will have to buy a 3 ft roll, but it lasts for a long time. 8)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
you just stop buy a local body repair shop if you know any around you they could give you the tape in amount you want just ask and maybe you get for free even if they want a couple of bucks better than buying a whole roll that if you dont use up may get dryed out sitting around

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I found some at Car Quest 35.00 a roll:yikes: I only need a 1 X 1 1/4 piece. Thanks I did not try Napa yet.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you just stop buy a local body repair shop if you know any around you they could give you the tape in amount you want just ask and maybe you get for free even if they want a couple of bucks better than buying a whole roll that if you dont use up may get dryed out sitting around
I just may do that :thumbup:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Get it at Radio Shack

Radio shack sells regular two sided tape and also "super hold" which is the 3M tape. It comes in 1x3 inch strips for just a few bucks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Check PM EASY.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wal-Mart has what you are looking for. It's made by3-M as mentioned and you are looking for the one with the red peel-off backing. Napa has it also. It's less than $5.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, SmokeII is going to mail me a piece. It's a little hard for me to get around right now, due to having some eye work done by the Doc. Thanks SmokeII! :thumbup:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Got yer back Easy,
As Cowboy said, it's the red backing.
It be on the way Mon AM.
Later,
SMOKE II 8)

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Wal-Mart has what you are looking for. It's made by3-M as mentioned and you are looking for the one with the red peel-off backing. Napa has it also. It's less than $5.

Wal mart have it in the automotive section? I need some.

·
Old Goat
26,225 Posts
I get mine at auto zone. good luck

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Easy-E. I work at a Chevy dealer with a well stocked body shop;). I see they beat me to it. I was going to send you some. If you need anything else. give me a shout. Hope you are doing well. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks again Smoke II

Easy-E. I work at a Chevy dealer with a well stocked body shop;). I see they beat me to it. I was going to send you some. If you need anything else. give me a shout. Hope you are doing well. :thumbup:
Thanks bro!
Been 7 months, but doing great and almost there. :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts