Honda VTX Forum banner

XM Install

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  PCBRokJok 
#1 ·
Ok, so XM sent me this nifty little receiver that will mount to my windshield w/ the little sticky thing.....I don't want to pay the dealer when I know the wiring brains to my bike are in the headlight, and I KNOW someone around here has done this. Can someone point me to a tutorial?

I know it says I'm new...I'm really not...I used to run around in here as ROKJOK from Fort Walton Beach....can't find my password and all that...so had to do a new account.

2005 1800N, in case that matters.

Lookin' forward to getting back in here and rubbing elbows with VTX fam, new and old. :)

TJ

#3 ·
I have my XM Onyx mounted to my handlebars. The kit came with a little metal square for the magnetic antenna that mounts with one of the 2 bolts that hold the clutch reservoir. I have a Kury socket power point that I plug the 5.5V power adapter into, and this is directly wired from a 6 circuit fuse block, off the battery, and I have a Miccus Bluetooth sender that plugs into the speaker jack on the back of the Onyx dock. The Bluetooth goes wireless to the SENA 5 setup inside my helmet. The audio coming through the un-amplified speakers is fine w/o being too loud up to hiway cruising speeds, then it gets hard with a little more wind noise to deal with. I have a Hondaline w/s not a fairing. DID NOT have to get into the headlight for my tunes.

Reactions: Denver VTX
#4 ·
Thanks Jim! Right on the money, found the part I need for 16.99 on Amazon.....no shipping because I'm a Prime whore.....I'll have it Tuesday...shall be cruisin' with Watercolors on Wednesday! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.