Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomm (xpodell) gave me the idea of having a poster made of my bike with some action shots. We went out to Redwing to do a photo shoot. I wanted to show you these pictures, not to show off my bike but show off xpodell's talent in photo shooting.

I want a poster made with some of the pictures he took to hang in my den. It will be cool to look at in the winter and get me excited about spring riding. Most important, I will be able to show my grandkids someday what grandpa like to do in his younger years.

I wanted to share this with you in case you might want to do a poster as well with some still pictures & action shots. I'm sure you can work out a deal with Tomm.

Thanks xpodell :!:

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Very cool

·
Registered
602 Posts
DidI ever tell ya "I Like those stripes!" :lol:

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
WOW them pictures look great! I need to clean up the bike and get him to snap some of mine! That almost doesn't look like your bike, Yep you sure did a great job. I told you it was going to be worth all the effort!

Great pictures Tomm!

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
blindskydiver said:
DidI ever tell ya "I Like those stripes!" :lol:
A couple times dude 8)

Ok Ok, for the record, it was Blindskydiver's idea about the stripes on my bike. I had a few ideas on what color and with his input I decided on black stripes. Thanks Shawn, you did good.
8)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
love the photos, but what color is that? the photos look different than your sig pic? maybe just the light!

·
Registered
8,739 Posts
Sweet! You should send them in to Ride Metric

·
Registered
422 Posts
I need to clean up the bike and get him to snap some of mine!
Just don't use any water. If you can't find another way to clean it without water,
bring it to my house about an hour early and I'll detail it for a lunch. :eat2:
Then we'll go do a photo shoot. :mcrider:

·
Registered
10,672 Posts
xpodell said:
I need to clean up the bike and get him to snap some of mine!
Just don't use any water. If you can't find another way to clean it without water,
bring it to my house about an hour early and I'll detail it for a lunch. :eat2:
Then we'll go do a photo shoot. :mcrider:
I'd love to take you up on that offer.

But unfortunately my bike turned into a Harley after the Caps ride :shock: went to jump on it today and noticed a puddle under the bike. It looks like oil, but I still have not ruled out the water pump. It will be a few days until I can take a good look at it. And seeing the back of the bike wheel and all covered in oil sends shivers up my spine...

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's a difficult color (red) to process raw isn't it.
I didn't process it raw. I took it as a jpeg. My camera will take 27 jpegs in sequence.
If I do raw only 8. Eight doesn't seem to be enough sometimes.
So, I do mostly jpegs only for that reason.

·
Registered
9,836 Posts
xpodell said:
It's a difficult color (red) to process raw isn't it.
I didn't process it raw. I took it as a jpeg. My camera will take 27 jpegs in sequence.
If I do raw only 8. Eight doesn't seem to be enough sometimes.
So, I do mostly jpegs only for that reason.
Have you ever tried it set to both RAW and Jpeg at the same time?
It eats the card up pretty good at about 15mg a shot.

Are you talking 27 Jpegs in the buffer before it's written to the card?
As in continuous non stop shooting.
Mine shows 7 in jpeg + RAw, and 9 other wise. 30D

At 27, that's basically a movie.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm not real experienced tampering with raw photos. And like you said, if I take raw & jpeg at the same time it eats up memory quickly.
Although my compact flash card holds 4Gb, there hasn't been much of a problem as of yet. 27 in a row would make one helluva Gif file. :shock: :lol:

Photographing "colorshift" paint is a b!tch. Never seems to look as good as in person. This was taken with my old camera. Hopefuly the new onw will do much better this fall.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts