Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one in central fla have this fairing on your bike? I would like to see it in person

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I searched this site and read alot. Wide open custom's is more for the 1300 using memphis shades braces, but the headlight cutout looks bad. I'm also aware some one in this area has a harley fairing on their bike. If I'm going to modify something, you can do it cheaper using used harley stuff. Since I do well with fiberglass, I'm going to redesign the batwing a bit, modernized it a bit.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
FYI, there a Rifle fairing on Craigslist Right now for $250 bucks, but It came off a 1800.

I emailed Rifle, and they said they have the brackets to make it work

Let me know how you guys make out

I'm also searching for a fairing.

Looks like prices are ranging for a good used one in the $200-$400.00 range.

I just passed up one for $500.00 , that was all scraped up etc, the maker was wide open, and it had the speakers and radio, but the guy selling it totaled the bike, so I didn't feel comfortable spending $500 bucks for a used one that was In a accident

I just searched HD fairings on Ebay also, and theres a bat-wing on there for clearance, for around $350 If I remember

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I searched this site and read alot. Wide open custom's is more for the 1300 using memphis shades braces, but the headlight cutout looks bad. I'm also aware some one in this area has a harley fairing on their bike. If I'm going to modify something, you can do it cheaper using used harley stuff. Since I do well with fiberglass, I'm going to redesign the batwing a bit, modernized it a bit.

So your going with the Batwing ?

How does it mount up etc ?

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes the bat wing. I'll remold the design in front, resemblance will be the same, but add some vents like goldwing and straighten out some lines a bit. Radio caddys are "just" that. I like the HD fairing to use the holes for other goods. I'll leave it able to take apart too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just got back from J&P Cycles and looked at there fairing called the radio caddy. The price is $529.99. It's molded ABS plastic. The inner & outer fairing is molded in one piece. It will not work with the Memphis Shades bracket, you must use there brackets which cost an additional $184.99. Plus the way the bracket fastens to the fairng is with through bolts. Don,t think I'd like the looks of that. So far it looks like the XR fairing is for me. I sure would like to see what has to be done to mount it on a R/S.

John

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I'm in the same boat John, drop me a line next time your riding up there

I was going to goto J&P today also, to look at some stuff their.

Beautiful day to ride

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
sure it does! radio and all. I have an outer for sale that Im not using perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
sure it does! radio and all. I have an outer for sale that Im not using perfect condition.

Yeh I saw your red outta one. If it had the inner and outta, and I knew how to install the HD fairing on my bike, I might have been closer to buying it.

I'm looking up their batwings now :)

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
the batwing dosn't have an inner fairing right?
That one was off of a 69 so no it did not. But there are guys on here that adapted the newer units. I'll dig around and see if I can't find a couple of their pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys, I'm also looking for a Bawing Fairing. I think the extreme revolution is the one I'm going with. Is that the same as XR? I have a 2007 vtx1300s with Memphis shades wind screen and quick release bracket now. I was wondering if anybody used that braket? It sits inside the covered forks. I'm almost sure I can figure it out but alittle help is allways welcomed.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Wait... I thought Batwings didnt have inner fairings (Radio/Speaker Mounting capability). You're saying they do have them, or are optional? Or is it a custom job? Or....?

Thanks,

-Gonz

·
Retired Seabee, CM1
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A year old thread wow. Ok, obviously I don't need a XR anymore, went with a HD mounted. Inner's are an option. memphis shades has an outer only, very reasonable.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts