Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,371 Posts
That parents are supposed to love their children. They knocked that stupid fairy tale out of me pretty quick.
That Henk is a truly unfortunate truth, but have faith, it's not universal. Many of us still believe the best way forward is a strong family unit. The children of this will be our way forward.

·
Super Moderator
6,190 Posts
They're not all good, no doubt about that. I've tried very hard not to make the mistakes that mine did. And our kids have had a pretty darn good life as a result of their Mom and I treating them well, providing for them, and loving them always. But it's not until they see other kids with less fortunate home lives that they gain perspective and really start to appreciate what we've always tried to do for them. Sadly to some degree or other mankind has to make their own mistakes in life as they grow. I've learned to appreciate just how hard my parents' lives were and better understand their mistakes. Now they're both gone, and I do miss them.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Right off the top of my head, the dumbest thing I believed as a child was that hiding under our desks at school would give us a chance of surviving a Nuke.

Bohan

Of course this relates to other dumb beliefs held as a child such as:

• Adults are smart and know what's best for children
  • God will protect children who love him
  • Wars have one winner and one looser (we all lose)

Other dumb childhood beliefs:

Life is fair
Santa is real
There is a god
God cares
Do good/right and you will be rewarded
Parents are wise and smart
People can be trusted not to hurt you unprovoked
Be nice to other and they'll be nice back
Teachers all love children

Hey, at least I'm not bitter! ;)

More dumb childhood beliefs:

When I grow up I'll be able to buy/eat as much candy as I like
XRay Glasses you can spend lunch money on really work!
Girls are weak and guys rule!
When I'm old everyone will be driving flying cars
When I'm old I'll have a long, white beard (it's short)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Robert Frost?
I like the look of your exhaust pipes.
Since imitation is the greatest form of flattery, who makes them?
Cheers

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Robert Frost?
I like the look of your exhaust pipes.
Since imitation is the greatest form of flattery, who makes them?
Cheers
The first three lines of my signature are my writing, and yes the 'miles before I sleep' line is Robert Frost.

My pipes are no longer made, they were made by Roadhouse Brand. If you ever see them for sale they are highly sought after as they are excellent pipes. The Roadhouse duel pipes are as rare as jellyfish teeth! ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts