Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LaMonster
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:11 pm Post subject: HDL Annual BBQ in Hendersonville, NC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We would like to invite all the members of the GL1800riders.com, VTXOA.com, M109Riders.com and BigBikeRiders.com community to a FREE BBQ at our Hendersonville store on September 21, Friday Night (6:00pm) our store/warehouse located at 1548 Airport Road, Unit B1, Hendersonville, NC 28792 . Our store is only about 10 miles away from the Wings over the Smokies.

So make your plans now to attend. Last year we had a great group of folks show up. Don't miss this one!

The event will be RSVP so we can get an accurate count of how much food to cook. Please fillout the poll. Thanks

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Interesting!

May be a good trip (ride). Do you know how many miles ? ( just to get an idea od time).

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at this as a long weekend trip, perhaps Fri-Mon. We can find cheap motels in the area, and explore the beautiful countyside.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It's about 775 miles, you're probably looking at about 13 hours. If you want to squeeze it into a weekend you can always take the auto train upto Virginia and then ride back.

I would seriously consider going but I have the Keys Bike Week the weekend before that.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm in. Had a blast there last month in Asheville

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
GPS says 727 miles from my house. If I left right now I'd be there at 5:30 in the morning.

As of now, I have to pass.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
steve,

i'm in. but of course i am coming from a different direction.

the only thing is that if you leave on Friday and the BBQ is friday, not much "leeway" for timing/stops/off highway routes/etc.

will do some research. give me a call this weekend to discuss further.

G

·
from Jupiter to Hendersonville i get 688 @ 10hrs ride time at moderate speed...straight ride I95-I26...piece of cake for an IBAer...but...

I would suggest riding I95 to get out of FL then stop some place for the night and have a nice leisurely ride through SC and NC...

hmmm, maybe we could meet some nice NC folks somewhere to ride with to the BBQ Friday afternoon...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Highlander wrote:

Carioca wrote:
Maybe.... Just maybe.....

As slow as you ride? It will take you 3 days just to get there.
Well, Yes I ride slow : for 2 reasons
1) I bought a cruiser to cruise ( Before that there was a V-Max, I'm not sure some " speed Gonzalezes" from the group could handle it !) :wink:

2 ) Many other guys ( and girls ) bought cruisers for the same reason and they ride w/ the group, so, nothing wrong to be just a bit considerate (sic?)

I wish it would take me 3 days to get there ( If I will do it ), would be wonderfull CRUISE from here to there and enjoy the beautyful scenery

Just my 2 cts.

PS: by the way I heard that Hayabusas are on sale !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Warp 5 #1, make it so.....

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
at least going the speed of traffic would be a good and safer idea. don't want anyone to "mow" ya down cuz you are "cruising"

going 75 on I-95 could still be a bit slower than most of the traffic and still keep you alive.

then again, it all depends on how many times you want to stop.

i say, just get there and ride many new roads whilst there. you are not going to able to be a "speed demon" on all of these twisty roads anyways.

·
Registered
617 Posts
BBQ

I've done Hendersonvlle -Miami twice, took about 14 hours with stops for fuel and fast food. There is a hotel just off I26 about 4 exits east of Hal's place. Rooms were ok,not very expensive, inside pool, big hot tub & great pancake place next door. Also, the hotel is about 30 minutes from Lake Lure the Blue Ridge and lots of BBQ.

G

·
14hrs still makes it a very early to rise and ride to make it there by 6pm...it's a two dayer i say...i want to be coherent for the BBQ when i get there...

mmmm BBQ...gurgle gurgle (or whatever words you would use to describe the sound Homer makes)...droool...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Have to agree with you Kbobb. That 14 hours was with no major traffic tie-ups, no weather, and real short breaks. Guess if you're a night rider, leave around midnight would work.

G

·
Well...it seems I may be in Jax the week of...if so, will make a detour make that 'a big detour' home from Jax via NC... :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts