Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested to hear your thoughts if you own either of these two seats. I'm leaning toward the Corbin right now, but you never know...

·
Registered
784 Posts
i own the highend seat with the 1800 stitching its made by danny gray ! its an awesome seatif you ride solo mostly , i love the look take a look at my pics ! great quality also ang i have the dual tourer by corbin for 2 up ! good luck im sure theyre both great seats ! :wink:

·
Registered
483 Posts
I've got the Young Guns and it is a very comfortable seat except on really long rides. It sits you "into" the bike. I also think it is one of the best looking seats for the C and F models. Problem is there is no option for lower back support like there is on some of the touring saddles. If you do a lot of long haul riding you might want to look at something else. I do have one of those barrel bags that have an adjustable back rest and if I'm going to be doing any all day rides I put that on and it really helps. The other thing to consider with the Young Guns is the minimal passenger pad. My wife will not ride on the bike for longer than 20-30 minutes on that pad (can't blame her). I still have my stock seat which I am thinking of sending to BADX for his mod so my wife can ride with me more often.
Joe

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Yeah, I'm only thinking about this for solo. I have a Mustang with the backrest for trips and passenger riding. Both seats look like you'll sit low enough that you will get some lower back support.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Tullander
I have the Corbin Hollywood Solo on my X and love it.
It's a little firm but even after a 300+ mile day I have no complaints and the fit is excellent. The sides of the seat come down and close up the ugly gap between the tops of the side cover and the lower edge on the seat.

http://www.corbin.com/honda/vtx1800hollywood.shtml

·
Banned
13,031 Posts
I hava Young Guns. It's perfect for solo riding...especially long distance. For short rides to town it's barely OK for a passenger too.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WHAT8 said:
Tullander
I have the Corbin Hollywood Solo on my X and love it.
It's a little firm but even after a 300+ mile day I have no complaints and the fit is excellent. The sides of the seat come down and close up the ugly gap between the tops of the side cover and the lower edge on the seat.

http://www.corbin.com/honda/vtx1800hollywood.shtml
Thanks man. I did notice that the Corbin's seem to fit the bike better. There's too much space above the side cover visible with my Mustang.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Duug said:
I hava Young Guns. It's perfect for solo riding...especially long distance. For short rides to town it's barely OK for a passenger too.
My wife will be riding her own now, so solo is all I'm after.

·
Registered
649 Posts
solo..

If you're only after solo...I might give badx a try...if you like it you will Love yourself for the money you save!!

·
Registered
4,839 Posts

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
I have had awesome luck with my corbin, Youngguns, and Corbin was one of the best ever to deal with, I dont care what anyone says, they treated me great, I hated my Danny grey seat, wife hated both. Now I got the new Mustang DayTripper, and wife and I both love it, not as much tapered at the back as the other two, but on my Retro I think it looks better then the other two, and is the most comfy of all three so far. JMO

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think you'll be alright either way but just to chime in here... I've got th highend python w/ the 1800 stitching and love it. Did a 7 day trip with it last summer and I was as comfortable as can be. Actually I was MORE comfortable than had been on many of the wide/large touring saddles.

After your butt makes it's spot you just sit right into it and you're locked in place. GREAT for going fast too, there's enough rise in the rear to keep you in place when you're wide open but that same rise supports your back on a 500 mile day!

Love mine!

I've never put many miles on a Corbin but I tried one for about 500 miles on my Yamaha Venture. I know people say you have to break them in but after 500 miles over a several day period my but was hurting too bad to keep trying... Could have just been the seating position on the bike though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts