Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008, 1800C
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G’day guys ..I’m very limited in Aust for parts & things don’t go well ordering from the US. I can’t locate a set of progressives (that so many in the US seem to love) ..yet I can get a pair of YSS RZ362 - apparently these fit the 1800c

Anyone tried them ? Chromed are about equiv $600usd here

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Personally never heard of them, but thats not unusual for over here. Progressive, like EVERY other thing in this country, sub-contracts parts all over the world. I ordered my Progressive 444's this past March 15. Directly from Precision Machine in California, the parent Co. They told me 3-5 weeks. I received them June 29. They said they were waiting on one particular part for assembly. They were replacing my MB shocks, a cheaper version of Progressives. One of the shock stems had snapped after hitting a particularly bad section of road construction in oHIo last Sept. I bought my MB's from 'The Chief', a member who owns Wild Biker Customs in central New Jersey. He was very good to deal with, and I was happy with the MB upgrade over the stock shocks. Good luck, I'm sure there are other shocks out there that would work and are more available.

Reactions: Tankslapper

·
Registered
2008, 1800C
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally never heard of them, but thats not unusual for over here. Progressive, like EVERY other thing in this country, sub-contracts parts all over the world. I ordered my Progressive 444's this past March 15. Directly from Precision Machine in California, the parent Co.
Cheers mate...what model / length 444's did you get ?

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Cheers mate...what model / length 444's did you get ?
Stock length, in their terms, @ 12.5" OEM and stock Honda shocks are 1/4" less at 12.25. Hardly any difference.

·
Registered
2008, 1800C
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock length, in their terms, @ 12.5" OEM and stock Honda shocks are 1/4" less at 12.25. Hardly any difference.
Great ! Cheers. I did think exactly that. Nice to know for sure. I will spend another week chasing them before I dive onto the YSS. The 444 look better & frankly either will do way better than the OEM pogo sticks. The boss is starting to complain & twice solo ive had a pucker moment on the freeway. From reading the standard will suffice as im 240lb

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Great ! Cheers. I did think exactly that. Nice to know for sure. I will spend another week chasing them before I dive onto the YSS. The 444 look better & frankly either will do way better than the OEM pogo sticks. The boss is starting to complain & twice solo ive had a pucker moment on the freeway. From reading the standard will suffice as im 240lb
Pick up a cheap rubber strap wrench for adjusting them. No wrench came with my 444's and I had no way of knowing where the factory setting was until I could turn them fully each way. Yes, the standard 444 will be sufficient. Some have reported the HD 444 as being too stiff. The lifetime warranty is good too.

·
Registered
2008, 1800C
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pick up a cheap rubber strap wrench for adjusting them. No wrench came with my 444's and I had no way of knowing where the factory setting was until I could turn them fully each way. Yes, the standard 444 will be sufficient. Some have reported the HD 444 as being too stiff. The lifetime warranty is good too.
Appreciate your input mate 👍

·
Registered
2008, 1800C
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Went with Race Tech front springs & YSS rear shocks .. ( taller rear than oem to quicken steering a bee’s dick)

Will be interesting to see how much it improves. Hope so as it was equiv to the GDP of a Pacific Nation. Getting it all fitted at a bike suspension shop - I couldn’t be bothered

·
Registered
2008, 1800C
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I cannot even begin to describe the change in the bikes handling. Roundabouts we’re a total pia now the bike slices them & no more rodeos when I hit some hollows at speed cornering. If you want to improve a vtx - start at the suspension
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts