Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I've been a Keaggy fan since How the West Was One and I have at least 20 of his albums. Both of our kids were born to his acoustic albums.

Keaggy came to town last fall and I was asked to be security for the concert. I helped him unpack in his gear and with whatever he needed. As he was unpacking, he realized he was missing a couple of power adapters, particularly two One-Spots, so I ran home to get mine and our other guitar player ran home to get his. So, Phil Keaggy played through a piece of my gear :cool::cool:

After the concert, I packed up his pedalboard and my wife took a pic of me carrying it to the van for him.
Yeah, Keaggy's 'pedal' work is phenomenal!! I was amazed at how quickly he can play and work that pedal to where I couldn't even hear the 'tick' of the pick on strings as he played fast, no matter how loud I had it! I've seen him a couple times in CA and again in DC. Good memories!! Such a humble, guy, too!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I guess the "best" is more subjective then anything.

Terry Kath(Chicago)

Kirk Hammett(Metallica)

Another notable mention was Rod Price from Foghat. Remember the song Stone Blue? He made that guitar whistle. Amazing stuff.

One of the best solos has to be Nugents Wang Dang Sweet Poon Tang off the Double Live Gonzo album. Had the opportunity to see Ted live twice in the early years. He whaled on that big ass Gibson

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
I wore out two 8-tracks of Double-Live Gonzo. Great White Buffalo was my favorite song in high school.

I saw Ted during the Free-for-All tour and it was one of my top 3 favorite concerts ever, and by far the loudest.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts