Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Just bought a Zumo 550 and would like to hard wire it to a 2006 VTX1800R. The questions I have are: (1) How do I attach the wires to aux fuse block and (2) Should I use some kind of sleeve to protect the wires as they are routed to the Zumo and (3) Will 12VDC strait to the Zumo damage it.

Thanks in advance for the help.

FIRED UP!!!

·
Old Goat
26,217 Posts
Hi Folks,

Just bought a Zumo 550 and would like to hard wire it to a 2006 VTX1800R. The questions I have are: (1) How do I attach the wires to aux fuse block and (2) Should I use some kind of sleeve to protect the wires as they are routed to the Zumo and (3) Will 12VDC strait to the Zumo damage it.

FIRED UP!!!
You will get more response on the gps forum, good luck

·
Registered
300 Posts
(3) Will 12VDC strait to the Zumo damage it.

FIRED UP!!!
I have a Zumo 450 and it is wired straight into 12 VDC on the aux fuse block. The appendix in the manual indicates that power input is 12 VDC. The 450 is an option-stripped 550, but check your manual to be sure. The wire leads under the gas tank to the handle bars and I've had no trouble to this point with it, but sleeving it in some thermal sleeving wouldn't hurt. I have had to replace the cradle one time now and bought a second power lead just in case and will sleeve it if I have to ever replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts